Quality and Care
It is essential to keep in mind that silver is the most appropriate metal to have contact with the food, thanks to its non-toxic and anti-germ properties. Furthermore, it does not change the taste of food and drinks.
When it comes to using and taking care of your cutlery it is very important, in order to prevent surface damage, to clean the silver with the correct materials, such as silver polishing cloths.
- Use a soft sponge and soapy water. Never use a corrosive or abrasive product
- Never let your silverware/flatware come into contact with bleach
- Promptly dry with a soft cloth
- Before the first use, wash your silverware/flatware by hand with a gentle liquid dish detergent
- In the dishwasher, use traditional, chlorine-free powders. Do not use gel or liquid products, which often contain chlorine
- Avoid washing your silverware/flatware during the first cycle, if you use a water softening product in the dishwasher
- Attention: water with a high mineral content can be corrosive
- Do not wash knives in a dishwasher
Good to Know
- It is better to avoid putting your crystal glasses in the dishwasher at the same time as your flatware, as that may tarnish the silver
- After washing, if you glimpse traces of water, wipe inmediately with a soft cloth
- You should wash silverware immediately after every meal. If, for some reason, it is not possible, wipe off any remaining food with paper towels and then rinse in tepid water.
- If you don ´t use your silver pieces every day, store them in their anti-tarnish pouches to protect them